Minisymposium on Poroelasticity 2014
Dear Participants of the 3rd Minisymposium,
thank you very much for your visit to Lausanne. We appreciated the scientific exchange and discussions and your active contribution to this great event.
We already plan the 4th Poroelasticity Minisymposium. It will take place on Tuesday, 24. February 2015 at the ETH Zurich. So, mark this date.
In 2014 the Poroelasticity Minisymposium moves away from Zurich to Lausanne. We organize the third Poroelasticity Minisymposium on Tuesday, 18. February 2014.
It will be an informal one-day event (9:00 - 17:00) with presentations, posters, and plenty of time to elaborate and discuss new ideas and research directions. Theory, laboratory experiments and numerical investigations in the area of poroelasticity and rockphysics will be covered.
Besides the regular presentations, posters can be advertized in short 3-slides-3-minutes presentations to stimulate the discussions during the poster session. The poster format should be A0 portrait.
The venue is at the University of Lausanne, in the brand-new Geopolis building. The exact room and a guide how to get there will be communicated later.
On Monday (the day before) we will have additional activities:
- Be our guest from 9:00.
Please let us know if you arrive already on Monday.
- Dinner (around 20:00)
Please contact us to express your interest in participating in the Poroelasticity Minisymposium or in any of the Monday-activities or for any other questions. If you wish to present a poster, please also contact us.
The following people have already announced their participation:
- Richard Bakker (ETH Zurich)
- Clarisse Bordes (University of Pau)
- Bastien Dupuy (NTNU Trondheim)
- Alessio Ferrari (EPF Lausanne)
- Frans Kets (University of Leeds)
- Paulina Krakowska (AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow)
- Roman Makhnenko (EPF Lausanne)
- Giorgos Papageorgiou (University of Edinburgh)
- Lucas Pimienta (ENS Paris)
- Edyta Puskarczyk (AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow)
- Alexey Stovas (NTNU Trondheim)
- Marie Violay (ETH Zurich)
- Kamila Wawrzyniak-Guz (AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow)
... and a number of local people from the University of Lausanne:
- Klaus Holliger
- Damien Jougnot
- Marco Milani
- Evangelos Moulas
- Yury Podladchikov
- Ludovic Räss
- Marina Rosas
- German Rubino
- Stefan Schmalholz
- Santiago Solazzi
...plus the ROCKETH-folks
- Samuel Chapman (University of Lausanne)
- Marcel Frehner (ETH Zurich)
- Matteo Lupi (ETH Zurich)
- Claudio Madonna (ETH Zurich)
- Beatriz Quintal (University of Lausanne)
- Erik H. Saenger (ETH Zurich)
- Pei-Ju Rita Shih (ETH Zurich)
- Shankar Subramaniyan (ETH Zurich)